Measuring Online Marketing Campaign effectively in a micro level is very critical for any online advertiser. Google Analytics is an intuitive platform to understand your Web Analytics. But in many of the cases, people see “not set” numbers in the anlytics data board. Navigate to Advertising Tab and Click on Campaigns. Here is how you can tackle the “not set” numbers with Adwords.
1. Sign into Google Adwords and click on ‘Tool and Analysis’ tab from the main navigation menu and click on ‘Google Analytics’
2. Now Click on the ‘Admin’ Tab at the top right hand side of the analytics page
3. Click on the Account which you want to link to Google Adwords.
4. Click on ‘Data Sources’
5. Click the AdWords tab, then click Link Accounts.
6. Select the Analytics profiles in which you want the AdWords data to be available.
7. Click on Continue
Following are the two most common issues that you can encounter when you try to link accounts:
- You are not an Admin on the Analytics account-You must be an Admin on the Analytics account to create the link. If you’re not an Admin, you need to request that someone with Admin access create the link, or that they grant you Admin access so that you can create the link. If you have Admin access under a different login, you can add your AdWords login as an Admin user.
- The Analytics account that you would like to link to is already linked to a different AdWords account -If your Analytics account is already linked to a different AdWords account, it does not appear as an option in the Existing Google Analytics Account menu, or you may receive an error message indicating that you have zero accounts to link to. You need to decide whether you want to unlink the Analytics account from the AdWords account to which it is currently linked.